Seven killed Students shot 57 persons kidnapped in Kaduna attacks

Seven killed Students shot 57 persons kidnapped in Kaduna attacks

Seven killed Students shot 57 persons kidnapped in Kaduna attacks

Seven people were murdered in two separate incidents in Kuriga, Kaduna State, by suspected terrorists along the Birnin Gwari-Kaduna highway, which runs through the city.

A student of Government Science Secondary School, Birnin-Gwari, was said to have escaped with a gunshot wound while on his way to register for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in the state capital by the Joint Admission Matriculations Board.

This was stated in a statement published on Saturday in Kaduna by the Birnin Gwari Vanguard for Security and Good Governance, which was signed by its Chairman, Ibrahim Nagwari.

According to the statement, three additional individuals were rescued with minor injuries, while a total of 57 people were kidnapped by the bandits.

The statement titled, ‘One student of Science School, Birnin-Gwari travelling for JAMB registration attacked, seven others killed on separate attacks,’ read:

“The nightmare of armed banditry along Birnin-Gwari-Kaduna highway has further deteriorated in the last 24 hours. Today(Saturday) around 10am, a final-year pupil of Science Secondary School Birnin-Gwari escaped with bullet wounds on his shoulder while on his way for the JAMB -UTME registration in Kaduna.

“The dreadful armed bandits sprayed bullets on the vehicle conveying the pupil and others at Manini village after Kuriga along Birnin-Gwari Kaduna Highway. The student is awaiting surgery for the removal of the bullet in his shoulder at Jibrin Maigwari General Hospital in Birnin-Gwari.

“Similarly, armed bandits killed seven people at Unguwar Bula, Unguwar Dafillo and Ijinga in Randagi district, Birnin-Gwari on Saturday. The bandits on motor circles numbering fifty attacked the communities around eleven O’clock in the morning on Friday and lasted for four hours, preventing people from conducting Juma’at prayers.”

No official confirmation has been received as of the time of publishing this story, and neither the state nor its police headquarters had verified the assaults.

When reached by phone and text message, the command’s spokesperson, ASP Mohammad Jalige, did not answer our correspondent’s call or react to the text message sent to him.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.