5 people hospitalized as fire guts Lagos law school
A fire breakout at the Lagos campus of the Nigerian Law School, which is situated on Ozumba Mbadiwe Street on Victoria Island, has resulted in the hospitalization of no less than five people.
According to reports, the event occurred on Wednesday night, February 15, and caused a commotion among the residents, who fled in separate directions, with some of them being hurt as a result.
The fire, which started on the first level of the 5-story building dormitory, which houses over 1500 law students on the Lagos campus, was apparently triggered by an electrical fault and began at approximately 10 p.m. from the first floor of the structure.
The fire was extinguished by hostel security personnel who acted quickly and shut off the main power supply before the arrival of the state fire department, which arrived a few minutes later.